Wednesday, April 13, 2011

'This is too conservative for me'

 
'This is too conservative for me.'

These were JD's exact first words to me when he saw me in the church with a veil on my head. It really is tough to be put down by the closest person to you. I prayed and offered him and our relationship up during mass that Wednesday evening.

The next morning, the Holy Spirit brought to mind this bible passage:

Matthew 13:44
'The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off in his joy, sells everything he owns and buys the field...

And I told God that even if it meant giving up everything else to follow His Word, I would, because I have found Him, my treasure.

God is amazing, truly marvelous. Yesterday when we went out with his mom, he told her that I started wearing veil in church sort of in hopes to prove me too conservative. But to my surprise, his plan backed fire, the total opposite happened! She told him that women indeed should veil and the church should really bring back the tradition of veiling and encourage women to do so.

I was overjoyed and thankful to God for answering my prayers as JD's mom stood up for my cause of veiling.

Having her support was indeed encouraging and.comforting. Thank you, Lord.

Related stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment