Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chinese Characters Reveal Gospel


I am in awe of what these chinese characters mean. All those years of 'shen zi' (writing practice of Chinese characters) since Standard 1 yet I didn't know I have been exposed to the Good News of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ even since then.

This video explains about how the Chinese characters depict the story of creation - Adam and Eve, the temptation of satan, the Flood, the Tower of Babel... and the one that touched me most was the prophesying of Jesus' death on the cross. I am truly amazed by God...

'Yi' = Righteouness
For example, this word here means 'righteousness' in Chinese. The top half of the character is 'yang' which means 'lamb'. Meanwhile, the bottom half of the character is 'wo' which means 'I'. As Christians, we believe that Jesus, the Lamb, was sacrificed for us - Jesus was 'the Lamb who take away the sins of the world' (John 1:29) and this word tells us just that!

In fact, the character 'wo' ('I') is made up of two other characters, namely 'hand' and 'spear'. So we can see that this character in a whole, depicts the Lamb that was speared by hand.

Now everytime I use the word 'wo', I will be reminded of how I contributed to my Saviour's death on the cross. What a painful word!

Yet, we rejoice for the salvation that is installed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment