Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dropping the pebble in the water

Amidst all the battles this week, I was encouraged when a friend approached me after mass on Thursday.

She wasn't sure if it was me under the veil until she saw me. Beginning of this week, I sent Catholic Knight's article to theconfirmation group of facilitators and she was one of them. She started asking me more about veiling and expressed that for a time she had the wanting to veil but hadn't the courage since only the older woman wear veils in our parish.

Blogger Mary Rose mentioned in her post that many women in the United States are being drawn to return to this tradition, and perhaps the Catholic women in our country would be drawn to it too.

Here is a piece of her post:
So how can a "culture of death" be turned around? How can families be restored? How can sexual purity and chastity be brought back into the Church? There are many ways this can happen but I guarantee you that women praying will be a part of it. And now, I am suspecting that women are being called, both individually and in small groups in their parishes in two's and three's, to drop the pebble in the water (which we know will have far-reaching effects) by doing something as simple and completely radical as wearing something on their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment