Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chapel Veil: Where to get one?

The Holy Spirit works in amazing ways.

I was just telling a friend about wearing the veil together when we serve together next Saturday for mass but soon realized we didn't know where to get one. Immediately after mass, the choir master came up to me and asked me if I was searching for where to get a veil.

And I was totally dumbfolded for a while as he was no where near an audible distance when my friend and I were discussing about this.

It was indeed the works of the Holy Spirit!

After asking the aunty in charge of the Liturgy (she wears a veil too) I realized that it couldn't really be bought anywhere. She sewed her own. Wow... would love to sew one of my own too. And also, she mentioned that only married women use black veils; Single ladies wear white, which signifies purity.

Still thinking of how I'm gonna pluck up the courage to wear one in church and the explanation I have to offer when asked. And then I found a follow up -'Are you shy to about wearing chapel veil?' from the last post from The Catholic Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment