Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Losing her other half

Last Thursday, we received news of the loss of our secretary's husband. Apparently he had been suffering from a certain illness for 3 weeks before his death.

Visiting her was not the easiest thing. Thinking what she has to go through is even more unbearable - to find the love of her life motionless on the chair in the morning with clumps of tissue soaked with blood in his lifeless hands, to go back to the home which used to be filled with his presence but never again.

How does one find the strength to get through the loss of a dearly loved one?

That morning, I found solace in this verse:

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
-Psalms 27:1

Listening to this song, I thank God for the hope we have in God, in the home He has prepared for each of us. That during that darkest period, we would still have a reason to hope.


The event also brought to my mind of the countless times couples get angry at each other for the littlest problems and spend hours or days not talking or sulking at each other. What a waste of energy and time, when it could have been used to love the other person instead.

Life is short, and every moment with our loved ones is always precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment