Friday, December 17, 2010

The letter


Yesterday, I received a letter offering me a job that I wanted last year. I prayed for it then but was listed as a reserve. It has not been on my mind since then.

For the past few months, since I worked under another supervisor, I began to enjoy and learn so much about the design of bridges. 

I question God about the timing of the offer. It came at a time most unexpected and the time when I’m most comfortable with my work. On top of it, I only have so much time to decide.


As I wrote the last paragraph, I remember how both Zechariah and Mary have each reacted to the news of the birth of their respective child by the angels. Zechariah doubted the angel’s words and his voice was taken away till his child was born. Meanwhile Mary did not doubt and trusted God’s timing and all. 

On another hand, as I ponder about all this, this dilemma seems timely for this season of Advent. Perhaps I could now relate to what Mother Mary was going through. She was comfortable with her life, that she was soon to be wedded to her dear Joseph. In the midst of all these, she received the news of having to bear a child – Jesus. Perhaps at that moment Mother Mary had the same thoughts I have right now.

Only God knows which path I should take. And right now, after blogging about this, He seems to be shedding more light on the other one, regardless that I like my current job.

How am I to leave this job, to tell my boss? Sigh. This would be my first once I really make up my mind.

Guide me, O Lord and let me trust in You.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment