Saturday, December 18, 2010

#1 on the list

As I was chatting with a friend regarding whether it matters that we’re together with someone of the same faith, I remember how I came to realize the answer to that question years back because of one particular friend.

He was a good friend whom I learnt about God a lot from, it was a passion that we shared – the love for Christ. That’s when I told myself that I want a guy who’s like that!

It’s true that 2 persons do not have to have the same passion for everything, just some things (that way one compliments the other too). However, I learnt that the most important passion to share together with your lifetime partner must be love for God! To be able to run home and tell your partner the amazing experience you encountered with God in the day, to have him pray for you, to pray together, meditate and discuss God’s Word together…

You know how girls have this list of what criteria their future partner-to-be should have (corny, but true, hehe). Well, since then that was number one on my list. And I thank God today that He has blessed me with a man who seeks His will.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
2 Corinthians 6:14-15

Being in a relationship with a non-believer once, I say that it does make a huge difference. Now, with JD, when we struggle with issues, we always ask God to intervene and give us the strength and wisdom to work things out - which is truly amazing I'll tell you. 

With a partner of the same faith - both does not travel down the pathway of life alone hand in hand, but also with the cross clasped between both persons' palms.  

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:11

1 comment:

  1. can't agree more :D its a wonderful partnership together, to share the same faith!

    ReplyDelete