Saturday, August 20, 2011

Farewell

A farewell gift from my prayergroup
My last day at work would be next Thursday. It has been 2 years and 2 months in this engineering consultant firm.

After 3 weeks break I'll be moving on to a developer instead. Am rather tired and disinterested in all the design work, so want to try out more of management now.

Architecture seems to be behind my mind still. Let's see how this new work turns out for me first.

The right timing for a new change of environment after all that has happened in the last one month or so... goody.

Anyway, the prayer group at work where we meet every Friday during lunch hour to pray and read the bible, gave me a farewell party last Thursday. Ah... I was touched by the trouble they took to get lunch, cake and even a gift! I didn't expect the latter.

Turning the calendar to the day I dread, consolation came to me with this verse, Matthew 28:3.

And why worry about clothing? Think of the flowers growing in the fields; they never have to work or spin; yet I assure you that not even Solomon in all his royal robes was clothed like one of these.

Now if that is how God clothes the wild flowers growing in the field which are there today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, will he not much more look after you, you who have so little faith?

So do not worry; do not say, "What are we to eat? What are we to drink? What are we to wear?"

It is the gentiles who set their hearts on all these things. Your heavenly Father knows you need them all. Set your hearts on his kingdom first, and on God's saving justice, and all these other things will be given you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment