Friday, January 28, 2011

Choose your battles


Many times I feel frustrated not knowing how to counter an argument and not having the right words to say to the ‘attacker’.

Choose your battles’ was the advice given by my friend when I was relating to him an incident as such. The advice made a lot of sense to me as I pondered on it. And today God affirmed me when I read this bible verse from a daily verse software installed on my phone:

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent - Exodus 14:14

Sometimes, with certain people, it doesn’t matter how much you explain to them why things are done in such manner. If they’re not opened or they’re just plain stubborn, your explanation will not weigh anything regardless how fantastic your reasoning is.

I guess what He is teaching me is that, sometimes it's okay to just keep silent and let Him who is able to change or break that stubborn heart do the fighting for us.

Thank you, Abba Father, for this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment