Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blessings through obedience

This week has been a week where God has really poured His providence on me - first was having 4 new students for my part time home tutoring and then just today I received the good news about my job interview in the company I was keen to move to!

Last Sunday I've also decided to join the new sunset choir. After my previous choir was disbanded, I was reluctant to serve in the new one. Spending time in front of the Blessed Sacrament for the past 1 month or so, I had been having this tug in my heart that I should continue serving but I refused to. 2 weekends ago, I felt unusually lonely with nothing much planned, and it was then I realized that I actually miss singing in the choir for Holy Mass. Eventually, I bowed to God's will. And since I told the current leader of the choir of my decision, God affirmed me when I found out that he's actually pretty much on the same page as I am regarding music for Holy Mass.

Now that I reflect on this, I realized how God has blessed me tremendously after I obeyed Him. Sometimes it may be hard to obey Him, but when we do, He gives us so much more in return!

Since this is the last day of Easter before Pentecost vigil begins tomorrow, I still had the chance to teach and chant the Regina Caeli as a prayer with the choir today.

2 comments:

  1. nic, how do u normally get ur part time students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi connie, try to find on mudah.com. Some will post to look for teachers. I found my recent students by advertising on that site too.

    Otherwise, you could register with private tuition agents like tuition99 or hometuitioncare. They'll contact you if they have students. then you pay the agent 1/2 month's fee.

    ReplyDelete