Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Li' cousin chanting

Last Sunday, I brought my 10 year old cousin to the Old Latin Mass. And was I suprised at how fast she picked up at chanting the Gregorian Chants. I thought that was really lovely.

Seeing how easy it was for my little cousin to accept and chant regardless that she has never heard them before, made me think of why Jesus said, 'Let the little children alone, and do not stop them from coming to me; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of Heaven belongs.' Matthew 19:14.

On the contrary, unfortunately, many grown-ups shun at the sound of Gregorian chants and are not able to accept that Gregorian chant be suitably esteemed and employed as the chant proper to the Roman liturgy. (Sacramentum Caritatis §4)

I think it the same goes with accepting Latin as the official language of the church. Because it is such a 'foreign' language therefore many write it off as 'irrelevant' to modern times.

Anyway, here's a video of  a solemn pontifical Tridentine Mass that was celebrated in St. Peter's Basilica a few days ago - a prove that this traditional Masses are being celebrated within the Vatican walls:

No comments:

Post a Comment